Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
With that in mind, I thought it'd be a great idea to give incredibly short commentary on the final media availability comments for each of the players. Let's do that, shall we?
- MacT - Looked/sounded/acted like he got kicked in the junk.
- Hemsky - Confused.
- Horcoff - Diplomatic - as always.
- Moreau - Huge Pupil.
- Staios - Worried.
- Grebeshkov - Disappointed.
- Gilbert - New Shoes.
- O'Sullivan - "It was difficult."
- Roloson - Positive...and old.
- Reddox - 12 years old.
- Macintyre - Happy just to be there.
- Nilsson - I don't think he gets it.
- Gagner - Sophmore slump OVER. No, for real - he gets it now.
- Visnovsky - Healing. Loves his team.
- Jacques - Wait...why did they interview him? Didn't he play like 7 games?
- Strudwick - Happy just to be there.
Noteable Absenses - Souray, Stortini, Cogliano, Penner and Brodziak. Smid too!
Towel Boy, out.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
- Me getting mauled in my own back yard by a Howler monkey.
- The NHL decides to move the Phoenix Coyotes back to Winnipeg, writes a formal letter of appology to the fans and refunds 13 years of season ticket dollars to the Phoenix patrons who actually thought Hockey was "neat."
- Sex Panther™ fragrance for men. 60% of the time, it works every the time.
- Jeanshorts hooks up with Evanka Osmak.
- Dwayne Roloson hat trick.
- Tom Gilbert goes on a shopping trip and buys shoes that don't match his top.
- Tavares decides hockey isn't for him and takes up professional lawn bowling.
- Wanye Gretz switches from Bud Light to Big Bear.
- I wake up one morning to discover my pillow is actually edible....so I skip breakfast.
- MacT resigns or is "restructured" out of a job.
What I'm saying is, people...the Oilers are basically fucked. The sheer minute probability that 2 of the 4 teams in front of them in the playoff race blow it and the Oilers finish off the season with three wins is so miniscule I can't even describe it. But you didn't need me to tell you that. I just need to put something up on my blog to keep my editor happy.
Thanks for reading,
The Towel Boy
Friday, April 3, 2009
So anyways, imagine my surprise when the game is over and I look up and see President of Whatever Operations, Kevin Lowe, speaking to the media in the place where MacT normally holds his post game presser.
With no audio I was left to my wild imagination to decipher what K Lowe could have possible been talking about. Many things flew through my brain. Did they fire MacT? Ok...that was the only thing I could come up with at the time.
So I covertly hopped on my blackberry and checked out Twitter...only to discover a tweet from Dan Tancer saying something about Bob Stauffer getting a text message from Bruce Wayne himself saying something to the effect of "MacTavish is going nowhere."
Now, I'm sure Bob Stuaffer doesn't normally give a shit what anyone thinks of him or what he says....but I suspect there's one dude that can make Bob pucker, and that is The Man himself. And when The Man personally sends you a curt text message dispelling everything you just spent the last 10 minutes talking about. You go "oh....shit...boss is mad."
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I will say this; I thought MacT looked like a hero for putting Zach Stortini out as the extra attacker when he pulled Rollie. That gamble paid off big time as Zach Attack made a sweet deflection to get the Oilers within one. Of all the players he could have chosen...he picked old Zack Attack. Speaks volumes for Stortini's play of late...and not so much for some other so called "talented" players.
While the timing for a bad outcome on that call wasn't the best, I believe MacT was 100% sure it was going to go their way, otherwise he wouldn't have made the call. He acted on what he thought was accurate information and it didn't work out. Shit happens. Neidermeyer even admitted after the game that Selanne's stick probably wasn't legal prior to the game and that he was "glad he took care of it before the game." It still doesn't take the sting away though.
Now it's on to the Sharks. That should be a guaranteed win. Right? I mean the Oilers are behind the 8 ball now. The collective hockey world has written them off. That's how they like it. This "come from behind when you're down and out" scenario is getting pretty old here in Oil Country. But whatever, I'm still in it for the long haul...I have to believe they can do it....what else can I do? I'm too much of a fan and will be until the bitter end.
Now, anyone have some glue? I've got some broken stuff I need to put back together.